Friday, November 23, 2012

I'm Aaron and I'm a Mormon

You may not already have known this fact, but I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  I want to be very clear, I am a Christian, and I try to follow the example of Christ and his teachings.  What would Jesus Do?  Would he bomb innocent people?  Would he spray deadly gas onto thousands of people?  Would he create and actually use a weapon of such terrible destructive power that the scientists who created it actually hoped it would never EVER be used?  They actually hoped the nuclear weapons they were working on would help End war, not make things any worse.  In a way, they succeeded, there is very little likelihood of a thermonuclear war, because Everybody Loses if that happens.

Ok, I'm getting off track again.  I have ADD, or Asperger's Syndrome, or both, whatever.  It's how my brain works.  I am a Kopimist, as in I share what I can with other people.  Not sharing is bad, in my view, it's being greedy and evil.  Sharing is good, it is my Religion, I believe in sharing what I can and doing what I can for others.  Since I'm a computer geek who is disabled, there is not a whole lot I can do for other people.

Anyway, I try to help where and how I can.  If I can babysit, I'll do it, for free.  If I can fix your computer, I'll do that for free too.  Why?  Because I'm a Giver, a Gift Economist, or Anarchist Communist, which ever is the right one to apply to what I believe.  I believe in giving and not forcing people to give in return.  I believe in living a life of love and sharing, not greed and evil.  I wish I didn't live in a society so very rife with evil and greed.  I wish the economic system we all use didn't massively Reward evil and greed.  It does not reward the opposite, not really.

Is Money the root of all evil?  Uhm.... sort of, yes.  It is the middle man, the intermediary for trade.  It's not actually the thing that is evil, what is evil is the greed and terrible damage created by the very concept of trade, as in giving with enforced reciprocation.  It is far better to give without enforcing reciprocation.  This is the environment in which love grows and flourishes.  Love can not flourish when people are greedy and constantly trying to get up on top of each other, pushing each other down.

No comments:

Post a Comment